Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot print the Barcodes

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, any advice on this document?

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) form IMM1344E won't print barcodes, even on a verified form. (FYI Mac won't let me install an older version of Acrobat.)

The barcodes are on the last page 7 of 7. The document has been validated. Im using Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5. Acrobat version 2017.009.20044. Attempts to install an older version of Acrobat (XI 11.0.10) are met with a failure: "Found a higher version Adobe Reader in the installation location. Installation will terminate." I don't know how to change the installation location. Even if I could I don't know if it's a good idea to have two Acrobat versions on the same disk.

Please advice how I can get the barcodes to print. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

You can install Reader XI. You need to remove Reader DC before you do that: Just drag the application to the trash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi greekgorilla,

You cannot install two different versions of Adobe Acrobat on the same system.

You can only install any one version of the Acrobat.

As you have mentioned that you are not able to print the barcodes on the PDF, please try once the Print as Image option to print the file.

To use that option, click on Print icon.

In Print window, click on the Advanced tab at the top right and then check the box for "Print as Image" in the advanced print setup window.

Then click OK at the bottom to save the settings and try to print the PDF form.

You can refer the steps provided here: Print PDF as image | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Also, try once the troubleshooting steps provided in this help document: Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader

Let us know if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi, thank you for your advice. Unfortunately the document doesn't generate the bar codes on screen. I tried "print as image", that didn't help make the codes appear. Troubleshooting steps don't help either. I suspect I need to contact the Government of Canada, as their only advice is to install an older version of Acrobat.

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install Reader XI. You need to remove Reader DC before you do that: Just drag the application to the trash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Karl, I will delete the current version, install an older one, try again and get back to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Im having the same problem with the barcodes.

Would someone kindly post the link for me???? Ive paid for the latest Adobe Acrobat DC and now have uninstalled it to download the earlier Adobe XI but need help finding the download. Please HELP!!

So over this BS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please suggest how to make this work on Windows 10? I have the exact same issue with a different form and uninstalling Reader DC/ downgrading to Reader XI did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same problem. I tried Karl's solution above, and it worked. The only tricky part was locating the old Mac version of Reader XI - I couldn't find it on Adobe's site but did find it on TechSpot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin.  Your and Karl suggestion worked.

I removed DC version and downloaded the XI from Techspot. Worked like a charm. Thanks guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am running into the same issue with Windows 10 . Has anyone tried uninstalling Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and installing Adobe Reader XI , Did it help fix the case on Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Print as Image Solution does not work for me, and I have no way to download a different version of Adobe because I don't have permissions in my workplace.

This is what worked: In Adobe, I went to File + Print. Under Comments & Forms, I changed my setting from Documents to Documents & Markups. The barcode did print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi There,

Thanks for sharing the information. We are glad to hear that the issue is now fixed. 

Feel free to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines