Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot save signature in Acrobat Reader DC on my Mac

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help.

I can't seem to save my signature on Acrobat Reader DC even if I sign into my account.

I can do it on a windows desk top, but it doesn't save it for future use on my Mac.

I have to sign multiple documents frequently - I am wasting a lot of time having to draw my signature each time.

I use the fountain pen sign button, then click on "add signature", then I draw my signature whilst having save signature radio button ticked and it does NOT save.

What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are not able to save the signature in the fill and sign tool.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader and the OS you are using? To check the version of the application please go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 20.13.20074 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the preferences to default as

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.

Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are not able to save the signature in the fill and sign tool.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader and the OS you are using? To check the version of the application please go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 20.13.20074 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the preferences to default as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that helps.

If it still doesn't work, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It worked (latest version and reboot).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any fix for this issue? aboiut solution does not work for Macs. 

Recently, on multiple Mac, with macOS 10.15.7 Catalina:

in Adobe Reader DC Pro 2021, once a digital signature is signed, the  blue Sign button is unresponsive.

Also, attempting to create new digital signature, it does not detec the  Digital signature credetial from the Smart Card. 

The following changes has been made to no avail.

The Default Signing Format changed from PKCS#7-Detached to CAdES-Equivalent and Enabled CryptoTokenKit framework support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any fix for this issue? aboiut solution does not work for Macs. 

Recently, on multiple Mac, with macOS 10.15.7 Catalina:

in Adobe Reader DC Pro 2021, once a digital signature is signed, the  blue Sign button is unresponsive.

Also, attempting to create new digital signature, it does not detec the  Digital signature credetial from the Smart Card. 

The following changes have been made to no avail.

The Default Signing Format changed from PKCS#7-Detached to CAdES-Equivalent and Enabled CryptoTokenKit framework support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. As described, once a digital signature is signed, the blue Sign button is unresponsive.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.07.20096 installed Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Also, when attempting to create new digital signature, it does not detect the Digital signature credentials from the Smart Card. Please check for any missing/pending update for the smart card device and check. Yo may also get in touch with the vendor of the device for this issue and see what they have to suggest.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here. on macos 12.2

I installed adobe acrobat pro version 20.13.20074 for the first time on my brand-new laptop.

the first thing I tested was the signature (it also didn't work on my previous mac for years.).

and again, it doesn't save it. Very annoying.

Adobe shoud have fixed this issue years ago.

It's a new installation, so I don't have any preferences. Even if I reset the preferences and restart the computer, I still experience this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

As we can see you are using quite an old version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Please update the application to the recent version 21.11.20039 from the help menu > Check for updates and reboot the computer once and check.

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html 

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still broken after update to V21.

Farnckly, you keep saying update to latest version, but that's not helpful at all.

I have this signature issue for years, since MAC OS catalina and went through all versions that you have recommend to upgrade to over the years. I checked the release note of some of the version you recommended and I never saw any fix on that bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Have you tried to reset the Acrobat preferences and testing the application in the new user profile as described earlier?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines