• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot view *some* pdfs on Chrome v80.0.3987.149

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem viewing some pdfs on Chrome.  Only the first page will load and it gets stuck.  I've tried to come up with some characteristics of when this happens, but no luck.  Some of the files are scanned in, some of the files were created with Acrobat Distiller, pdf versions of files that I'm having problems with are 1.5, 1.6, and 1.7.  There are other files that were created by scanning in that are those versions that I can view and files that were created with Acrobat Distiller that are those versions that are viewable, too.  The files that are problematic are larger files, 6mb - 22mb and more, but I also have one that is 95mb that isn't a problem.  All of the files that are a problem, can be viewed, in their entirety, in Firefox and Edge.  I do not have the Adobe Reader Extension installed on my computer, when I add that extension, the problem files are completely viewable.  Is that the disclaimer that I need to put on my website?  If you are having trouble viewing these files in Chrome, please download the Adobe Reader Extension or use Firefox or Edge.  Others outside of my office are also having this issue (they don't have the Adobe Reader Extension installed, either), so I don't think it's just my computer.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reader is free, so just add a link... Reader downloads https://get.adobe.com/reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines