• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant apply signature to both the signature fields. second signature shows invalid.

New Here ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to sign a document that has 2 signature fields. When I sign the first one, It makes me save the document, and  It shows VALID, so It is all right. But, when I sign the second field, It makes me save the document again, and the first signature that was showing VALID says INVALID now (because the document has been altered or corrupted). It seems like the document does not let me make any change once signed (even the other signature).

[Moderator: edited the title]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Hi Andresp,

Thanks for giving the detailed description. Just to make sure, are you applying signature using Fill & Sign or Digital signature?

As mentioned above, document has two signature field. If you add signature on first field then second field might not let you to sign again because, signing is is the final process which makes a document secure. Once done, document gets locked and you can't make further change to the existing file.

Similarly in your case, I believe the form has been designed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Andresp,

Thanks for giving the detailed description. Just to make sure, are you applying signature using Fill & Sign or Digital signature?

As mentioned above, document has two signature field. If you add signature on first field then second field might not let you to sign again because, signing is is the final process which makes a document secure. Once done, document gets locked and you can't make further change to the existing file.

Similarly in your case, I believe the form has been designed in a way that once its signed it gets locked. Not really sure, why and how the two signature fields were assigned. You need to get in touch with the form owner or, if the form's properties allows to edit, then it can be checked in Acrobat DC.

In addition, while applying signature you may check if "lock this document after signing" the dialog box is checked or unchecked.

Hope this clears the confusion a bit.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines