• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

certificate -> digitally sign not working

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to sign a document using the certificate -> digitally sign option, my signature appears completely unreadable, as shown in the attachement.
What can i do? It does still say my signature is valid.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Continuous Release | Version 2019.021.20058

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Hi Slenders

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the digital signature is nor working.

Is this a behavior with a particulr PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing. Please upload the file to the Document Cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ generate the link and share it with us.

Also, we can see you are using an old version 19.21.20058. Please update the applicati

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Slenders

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the digital signature is nor working.

Is this a behavior with a particulr PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing. Please upload the file to the Document Cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ generate the link and share it with us.

Also, we can see you are using an old version 19.21.20058. Please update the application to the new version 20.009.20074 and see if that works for you. Go to Help > Check for updates. You may also manulayy download the patch using the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

You may also try to turn off the protected mode for testing and see if that makes any difference. Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (Mac) > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Turn off the protected view and uncheck the enhanced security > Click OK and reboot the application.
Note: Please turn on the security after testing.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amal,

The behavior is as far as I`ve tried on all PDF`s.

Sharing this PDF is not possible, being company secret, but with the issue being on all PDF`s, this should not matter.

The computer is company regulated, and software / security installations or changes are therefore not possible.
We did however just recently received the adobe 20.xxx update. This did not solve this issue.

But, after those tests, the solution is found in the protected mode.
The protected VIEW setting was already off, but the checkbox for protected mode on startup was still on. I unchecked this and restarted the application, then immediatly tried to resign the same document and this worked.

Therefore thanks for your input, this is solved!

Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines