• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Desktop File Icon from Thumbnail to PDF Icon

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF files on my desktop are showing the thumbnail of the PDF instead of the icon. I want it to show the Adobe PDF icon instead. How do i fix this? Example explained in the attached.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

It's a Windows setting and has nothing to do with Adobe Reader in particular. See here: 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-thumbnail-previews/45c3f7c0-a243-45f9-8992-756885b78546

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a Windows setting and has nothing to do with Adobe Reader in particular. See here: 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-thumbnail-previews/45c3f7c0-a243-45...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a very similar problem with PDF icons and thumbnails and I'm using an Apple iMac computer running on Venture 13.4.  My problem is that some PDF files are showing up as images when I send them as an email attachment, and the others are showing up as PDF icons.  I want them all to show up the same -- preferably as PDF icons.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines