• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Text size on Acrobat Reader

New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Reader and I'm typing on a fillable PDF form and I would like to change the font/text size. I've read some questions and answers on the Adobe forum and it seems that the text functions on what's called "Auto-Fit" in which the text size changes to the size that needed to fit the box that you're typing in and the text consequently becomes smaller as  more text is added so that it fits the box. However, sometimes the text ends up much too small for the size of the box and is therefore difficult to read so I'd like to enlarge it.  I would also like to be able to reduce the size of the text in other boxes when it comes out very large because I only typed a sentence or two. After reading the forums, I'm wondering if I need to purchase Acrobat DC in order to do this. Thank you.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

When the form is not protected you can change form fields with Adobe Acrobat, not Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the form is not protected you can change form fields with Adobe Acrobat, not Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Barbara+Frey  wrote

After reading the forums, I'm wondering if I need to purchase Acrobat DC in order to do this. Thank you.

Yes. But you can get a 7-day trial version to make sure it works for you.

If you have questions about forms, ask them here:

PDF Forms

And as Bernd said, if the form is locked, you won't be able to make changes. If, however, it was saved so that users of versions early than Reader XI can save the form, it is locked for editing and you can make it editable again with File > Save a Copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out that I could copy the text that is too small from the PDF doc, paste it into Word, enlarge it there and then paste it back on the PDF doc in larger font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can select the text in field, press ctrl-e, and change the font size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bernd,

I highlighted the text and pressed ctrl-e but it didn't work. It said "Properties, No Current Selection". I appreciate your suggestions. I think I'll just go with the copy and paste technique with Word that worked. Thanks.

Barbara

On Tue May 30 2017 08:32:54 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time), Bernd Alheit <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Change Text size on Acrobat Reader

created by Bernd Alheit in Acrobat Reader - View the full discussion

You can select the text in field, press ctrl-e, and change the font size.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9544244#9544244 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9544244#9544244

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Acrobat Reader by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also figured out that I could copy the small text in the box to Word, enlarge it there, cut it from the PDF doc and then paste it back to the PDF doc in a larger font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this worked for me, but then I reached out to the people who made the product I was editing, and they told me to go to the dropdown menu --- View>Show/Hide>Toolbar Items>Show properties bar.  I was able to adjust the size once this bar popped up. I know it's old, but maybe someone else can use this info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh, I badly needed this info for an overdue school project (we have to submit our forms in specific-sized text boxes and my text was overflowing so my teacher let me figure out how to make it smaller and resubmit). Thank you so much, you are a lifesaver! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is possible to increase size by 7% on A4 paper, simply by going to 'More Settings' and choosing ' Customised'.

Makes a significant improvement for reading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines