• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Country Currency in Form Field

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a situation where deposits are received in both USD and KRW, and there are both "USDCurrency" fields and "KRWCurrency" fields (set with currency symbol) under the description column immediately below the field where the desosit source is identified.  An entry is made in either the USDCurrency field or KRWCurrency field, but never both (one always remains blank).  However, the voucher has multiple line items, and there's a separate subtotal column on the form with "SubAmount" fields (i.e SubAmount1, SubAmount2, etc.).

Is there a way to export the results entered either into USDCurrency field or KRWCurrency field to a single "SubAmount" field AND display the corresponding currency symbol?  USD field has decimal point and KRW field does not.

Additionally, can the "SubAmount" field that displays those results be formatted to allow the exported results be modified (i.e. not changing currency symbol, but amount of currency - for example, being able to change $100.23 to $100.24)?

Alternatively, my only thought is to enter two "SubAmount" fields (i.e. SubAmount11 formatted for USD, and SubAmount12 formatted in KRW immediately below it) for each line item in the subtotal column and manually re-enter the data and adjust amounts accordingly (not much extra work), but the form would look more nice if the subamount field lined up straight across the form as the other fields.

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible with Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Acrobat? You can't create or edit form fields (at least, not easily) with the free Reader, so I assume that's what you actually have. If so, yes, this is possible, but will require a complex, custom-made script to be developed and applied to your file. However, adjusting the amounts won't work, since the script can't know what's the conversion rate between the two currencies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, and may have posted this in the wrong community listing.  Sounds like the it's probably much simpler at this point to just add the two subamount fields for each line entry, and just mannually enter the amount.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines