• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the name of a fillable PDF form automatically.

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fillable PDF form and when I have completed this form, I would like to save it. I would like for the form to already have a new name applied to it from the fillable text fields I just completed. Is this possible?

So, if the file name I received was called "fillable_form.pdf" and once I completed filling in the form and want to save it, the name of the form could change to "myname_hrform.pdf" without me manually changing it.

make sense?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean that you want that name to populate the Save As dialog automatically, then no.

If you mean that you want to press a button and have the file automatically save under that name, then yes, but it requires using a script that's installed on the local machine of each user who is going to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That is great to know. Thanks for responding.

Chris Cicchino | Graphic Designer

FALLSVIEW GROUP
5881 Dunn Street, Niagara Falls, ON, Canada L2G2N9
905 324 2303 | ccicchino@fallsviewgroup.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines