• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Check box in Comments list

Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During the recent Adobe Reader DC update, the check box appearing as default in comments list is removed. Is there any other way to enable it.

Regards,

Siva

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Hi Siva,

Thanks for coming to us with your query.

With the new version of Adobe Acrobat and Reader, we have moved the Checkbox option inside the overlay/Right Click menu on the comment in comment list to give it a cleaner and modern look.

Please feel free to connect in case of any further query.

Regards,

Ammar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Siva,

Thanks for coming to us with your query.

With the new version of Adobe Acrobat and Reader, we have moved the Checkbox option inside the overlay/Right Click menu on the comment in comment list to give it a cleaner and modern look.

Please feel free to connect in case of any further query.

Regards,

Ammar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I understand the need fot a cleaner and moder look. However this is a real bummer for me, and I assume for lot of people. For example, every weeks I receive large PDFs, often with 500+ comments in them. I have to fix those 500 problems in InDesign, so to be sure I don't miss any comments, I use the checkboxes. I have been using them for many years. Very convenient also to filter comments by checkbox status.

Now, with the new "modern and better" look, I have to click on the menu button on the comment, then click on checkbox.

As a result, I have to do two "mouse click" instead of one, each time I want to check a comment. It may sounds irrelevant, but clicking 1000 times instead of 500, it's not looking as an improvement to me.

I would like to have a setting where we can "display" the checkbox as it were before the update. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not user friendly. Adobe should revisit this and revert the checkbox position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revert the comment checkbox ASAP please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer the article for details:  View, reply, print comments in Adobe Acrobat

Thanks,

Rave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I certainly agree with Andre.

Adobe should revisit this and revert the checkbox position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for giving us your precious time and valuable suggestions.

We have recorded the suggestion in our backlog and our Design team will see if the changes are required. We will keep you updated.

Meanwhile, you can use SHIFT+K to add checkbox to the comment. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ammar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for looking into this. In future, Adobe can get suggestions from Forum or the companies who owned more licenses. So that, the users will be happy to provide feedback/suggestion before live release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sivakumar,

We encourage all users to join our pre-release program to test the beta builds. All such feedback is most welcome in the pre-release forums so that we can implement it before live release.

Enroll for pre-release at: Adobe Prerelease

Thanks.,

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amar.

"SHIFT+K" is an interesting compromise, even though I'd rather have the checkbox back 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our whole design team was getting frustrated with the checkbox missing - but thanks for the 'SHIFT+K' tip - that's much better than trying to click the small checkbox (although the only reason I found this forum was in frustration from the checkbox missing! No way were we going to "right click>add checkmark" through hundreds of comments on a publication).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shift-K is a great discovery! It would still be awesome to have the option to have the checkbox displayed, I have to regularly action hundreds of PDF comments and right-clicking to add a checkbox is extremely frustrating. But at least the shortcut will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm comforted to know I'm not alone suffering from the checkbox disappearing.

The "SHIFT+K" discovery was OK at first, but I have to admit I don't use it much.

Since I use my mouse in right hand, and I don't want to leave my mouse everytime to press SHIFT+K, I try to use the left hand. Maybe it's just me, but pressing those keys with left hand is not natural at all.

I want my checkbox back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a terrible change. Many of us depend on the checkbox. It ought to be an option in settings to re-enable. The SHIFT+K is helpful but still less convenient than the prior version. Per the comment about participating in beta... many of us can't risk working in an unstable beta version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have taken this issue in our backlog. We will update once the fix of this issue is available.

Regards,

Ammar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed the latest InDesign CC 2019version (v14), and I must admit... WOW!!! 

The "Import PDF comments​" is simply fantastic.

Don't need the checkbox anymore (well, for InDesign projects at least)

It really speeds up the correction process. Thanks Adobe!

Hope everyone here will like it as much as I do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also was super intrigued by this. Seems like a great solution. However, it was only able to import 207/281 comments and some don't seem to map out on the pages. Anyone else having this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is great to hear that the InDesign CC 2019 version has this facility. But, we are using mostly 3b2/LaTex platforms and there is no such option available in both the platforms. We are depending only on checkbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like to second this.

As a collaboration tool, the commenting dialog would be better served by having the status checkboxes in plain view to quickly input, rather than having to drill-down through a menu.

Also, there was a comment that you could use CTRL+k to check, but that only checks some obscure blue box. I'm not even sure what that blue box is for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines