• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Checkboxes for pre-selected page printing

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create Form Group folders for the financial institution I work for. Each one has about 20 or more forms, and each form has from 3 to 10 pages. Is there a way to put a checkbox on each different form in the folder so that if two separate forms were checked, only those forms would print and not the rest when the print button is pushed? I know this can be done in the print dialog box, but I need the selections to be made on the pages with checkboxes. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this can be done using a script, but setting it up requires using Acrobat.

If you have access to Acrobat (and not just the free Reader) you can use this (paid-for) tool I've developed to set it up:

Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat - Print or Extract Selected Pages

Note that this tool will add a check-box to each page. If you want a single check-box to select multiple pages that will require customizing it, but it's certainly doable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the script. Nice. I will use it I'm sure, but it is not what I asked for in the original post. I asked, "...to put a checkbox on each different form in the folder so that if two separate forms were checked, only those forms would print." Checking off every single page is kinda overkill. Is there a way to tailor the script so that one checkbox can be on every first page of each form? Example: if there are 7 forms in a folder, each having a different number of pages, a checkbox would be on the first page of each and would print out only the number of pages of each form. Or, is checking every box the only way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I wrote, that can be achieved by customizing it. Send me an email (try6767 at gmail.com) to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines