Exit

clear history of fill & sign autocomplete forms

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

take a look at that screen shot

edenbensal_1-1594369947466.png

when i use fill & sign and start typing it's autocomlete. how can i clear the history of that?

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

You can change this in the settings of your account at documentcloud.adobe.com

Bild1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bild1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did it but still there is a autofill suggestion.

EDIT:

it's worked. thank!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, I tried this and it did not work. How do you get this to clear when you do not have an account or if the form was created when the user was not logged in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble.

++ Adding on to discussion

Please go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (Mac) > Preferences > Forms > Select 'Off' Under Auto -Complete > Click OK and reboot the application and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that and it has not worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you also use Fill & Sign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is what I use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am also having issues with this. My autocomplete is off yet I am still seeing suggestions pop up when using fill and sign. This is not good when clients are looking at my screen and may see previous client information that is private pop up. 

Anna5ED5_0-1597950816718.pngAnna5ED5_1-1597950828528.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work for me too. I disable it everywhere and it still offering last inputs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, I had 2 different accounts, one at work, and one at home.  Be sure the online account you are saving settings for is the same account as the one your desktop Acrobat DC is signed into.  This solved it for me, maybe will help you too.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not signed in to an Adobe account, but I am getting these suggestions. How do I turn off the Fill & Sign history?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question - how to clear Fill & Sign history.  I'm using Adobe Reader DC without being logged into any account.  I tried the above suggestions, but previously entered (private, sensitive) information keeps showing up in the Fill & Sign list.

I tried uninstalling Adobe, then using the Adobe Cleaner to completely remove any remnants of the software from the computer.

However, after rebooting and reinstalling Adobe Reader DC the sensitive information STILL shows up using Fill & Sign.

What else can be tried in order to remove all of this information from Fill & Sign?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a proper solution to clear the fill&sign history.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My findings so far include the following 3 options:

1. In Adobe Reader, Edit>Preferences>Forms>Auto-Complete=Off

By default, this option is off, so that’s not usually the fix.

2. Delete all items in the Adobe Security folder (should be called INsecurity folder I think, but who am I):

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security

(May have to enable view hidden folders)

Can also delete all items in the \DC folder

Problem is, when you use Fill and Sign again, the items in \Security folder get recreated and between them, they’re storing automatically all the Fill and Sign data you type.

So, it’s really a temporary fix until Adobe provides an option to not cache Fill and Sign data. Let us know when that happens please.

3. Other source for Fill and Sign cached data could be if at some point you created ANY kind of Adobe account, it’s caching Fill and Sign data in their cloud. To clear:

• Go to https://cloud.acrobat.com/ and sign in with your credentials.

• At the top right corner of the screen, you will see a dropdown with your username on it.

• Click it and go to Settings.

• Unchecking the “Suggest words….” checkbox and/or pressing Clear All button will clear all the auto fill entries which has been stored in your account.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. This should be the real answer. Not everyone is signed in to Adobe account when using the Reader, yet the application still suggests autofill entries depite Auto-Complete set to off.

MY_SCREEN_NAME_WAS_TAKEN_0-1665946151556.png

Option #2 seems to work for me - TWO years after the initial post. You should be the community expert just for this useful response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines