Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour management trouble

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have a trouble in color management in Adobe Reader.

Everytime I print a pdf with a GIS software I have 2 options: raster printing and vector printing. I should always choose vector printing because of the smaller file size and better visualization but when I open it with Adobe it somehow changes the colours (like it gives a shade of grey all over the document). It is quite strange since when I zoom on some part of the document, for a while I see the right colours (as in the raster printing), but soon after the colours change.

I attached a picture with the problem.

Thank you in advance if you find a solution.

Umberto

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Umberto

We are sorry for the trouble and the experience. As described, the color changes for the raster images after some time.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat Reader

A new version 20.009.20063 is now available for Acrobat/Reader DC. Please try to update the application to the new version. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer and check

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thank you for your answer.

I already have the newest version you mentioned.

This behaviour happens with most of the PDF I create. For example in the following link I share other 2 PDFs (vector printing and raster printing), with the same problem even though less visible. In the vector printing file you see it if you focus your attention on the polygon named "S.a.": the violet colour of the perimeter is displayed correctly for a while when you zoom (like the raster printing), but soon after it becomes more gray

https://we.tl/t-jBDfKUl5tG 

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see nothing like this in Acrobat Pro. What is your version of Reader?

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recorded a video (link: https://we.tl/t-PF3vywbI9O) on my PC that shows I have the latest version of Acrobat Reader. On the left (vector printing) the right colours are shown only between 10'' an 10.30'' of the video 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines