• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combine Files in Desktop Acrobat Reader DC

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to a new pc with Windows 10.  Since, I am no longer able to combine files and perform other tasks within Acrobat Reader DC, it now forces me to go to a website to perform this function.  This is not efficient for me, as many of the files I often need to combine do not need to be saved until they have been combined.  Performing this, and other, functions online requires me to save each individual file before combining.  Can someone please help???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

I think you are correct regarding "reader" I didn't even pay attention to that.  I am currently downloading the pro app.  Just as an FYI, you can combine files online through adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT sounds like you may have had the full version of Acrobat before. Reader has never been able to combine files although you can get a subscription that is accessible through Reader to combine files online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have an Acrobat Pro DC Subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It catches out a lot of people: that Acrobat Pro and Acrobat Reader are two different apps. If you're paying for Acrobat Pro, you need to download it and use it instead of Reader. It's reasonable to expect that Reader will change to give you the extras when you pay for them, but it won't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into the same issue where ADOBE forced me to go online to COMBINE files.  I am putting my receipts together for an expence report.  The online requirement limited it to 12 files and I was not able to zoom in to see receipt details.  This was a show stopper.  I closed ADOBE and opened the Acrobat Pro DC program.  A pop-up came up where it instructed me to cahnge my default PDF program.  I selected the (black icon) Acrobat Pro DC.  I then opened a random PDF, then selected COMBINE PDFs as I used to do and it is now all done within the ADOBE program and not online.  I wil often do my report on an airplane so going online is not going to work.  

I hope that I figureed this out.  We shall see.  So far so good.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are actually using that. It sounds like you may also have Reader and that is what you are using to open the files. Acrobat doesn't have a way to combine files online. You've got the subscription but you also need to download and install the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are correct regarding "reader" I didn't even pay attention to that.  I am currently downloading the pro app.  Just as an FYI, you can combine files online through adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. As I mentioned, you can combine files via Acrobat Reader if you have a subscription but, the free Reader alone cannot do that. Glad you got it figured out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have that problem as well, I use some of those tools a lot, how can they do this without letting anyone know? I suppose they are trying to drive everything to the cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader could never perform such tasks. These tools are basically a marketing technique to get you to buy Acrobat, if you want to use them. In the past they didn't appear at all in Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing has changed in YEARS. What did you used to use to combine files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines