• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comments "trash can"

New Here ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who thought up this genius idea of putting a hovering trash can icon when you put your mouse over a comment box. Now after I create the comment I can never double click on it to edit it anymore because of this stupid trash can, and if you happen to be just a little over this icon, whoops there goes your comment, deleted instead of being able to edit your comment. Does Adobe Reader DC think it's users are so dumb that they couldn't figure out to hit the delete key to remove a comment and instead put this stupid icon that breaks all functionality. You are doing to much Adobe, stop it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Hi Alex,

This is a user forum; there is a second forum for feature requests that is tracked by the engineers. I just checked and it’s been reported. Right now it only has 7 votes, but that will be 8 as soon as I go back and vote.

Here’s the link:

ANNOYING FLOATING TRASH CAN ON TEXT CALLOUT BOXES – Share your feedback on Acrobat DC

~ Jane

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Original Post: 31 May 2019

Edited: 29 July 2019

The above link now has 58 votes and this note from one of the engineers:

"Our Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive got the same issue, and cannot find an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

This is a user forum; there is a second forum for feature requests that is tracked by the engineers. I just checked and it’s been reported. Right now it only has 7 votes, but that will be 8 as soon as I go back and vote.

Here’s the link:

ANNOYING FLOATING TRASH CAN ON TEXT CALLOUT BOXES – Share your feedback on Acrobat DC

~ Jane

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Original Post: 31 May 2019

Edited: 29 July 2019

The above link now has 58 votes and this note from one of the engineers:

"Our Engineering Team is working on this and to have this Floating Toolbar optional and we’ll update soon once we have a fix for this."

Edit on 13 August 2019

This has been fixed. Update to Acrobat DC or Reader DC 19.012.20036.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This is a design behavior of application, which was introduced with the latest update. Sadly, there isn't any setting which can be disabled to change this behavior. As suggested by Jane, you can file a feature request for the same.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. It's literally doubling the amount of time my edits take. So my 8 hour day is becoming a 16 hour day because I can't leave until the job is done. Why a hovering trash can? Was right clicking and deleting too much for some people?    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi alexm31919706 and crystalm64061720

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (19.012.20036) containing the fix for this issue is now available. Now you should be able to edit/double click in the Text Box easily. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html

Please try it out and let us know your feedback!

Thanks for your patience and support!

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines