• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compatibility Issues between Mac and PC?

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My boss is trying to send out forms for an event, however, there seems to be an issue with those who use Macs as opposed to PCs, where there is no issue. Often times the data will not be there at all when signed and sent back to be collected in the database.

Now Adobe has told me that it was possible that the forms aren't getting filled out properly, as in not downloaded then signed and sent back, however, even when doing that, the forms are still coming back with blank information.

I've been trying to do research as to why that is, but all that I've gotten is that the forms might have been filled in the browser, and now downloadedto the computer properly, but even when done properly, the data is still missing. Is this an oversight?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Mac , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know who you mean by “Adobe told me” but the functionality for forms on Windows and MacOS is identical … assuming that you are using either Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro on MacOS to fill out the forms.

Our experience is that is someone on MacOS opens up a PDF form in MacOS Preview (or in Safari that uses Preview), there is a very good chance that the saved PDF form may be corrrupted or lose data. MacOS Preview does not fully and properly conform to the ISO PDF specification.

So … find out how your MacOS recipients are filling out the PDF form and guide them to at least download and use the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines