• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content missing

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF file, i am trying to open adobe acrobat reader dc (20.13), but it misses my frst page.

when I open this file in chrome or edge or mozilla it looks fine.

I attached here my PDF for reference.

Please provide solution.

tx

Tarun Srivastava

TOPICS
PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the first page of the PDF is missing when opening in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application. However it opens fine in web browsers.

Web browsers uses their own PDF mechanism to render and display the PDF content and they are not Adobe dependant. I have also checked the attached PDF file and found found that it is created using a non Adobe Application (Aspose PDF), Please create the PDF using Adobe Acrobat DC application and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal for your reply

Actually I am using Aspose in my application, and created pdf is working fine in application pdf preview, but some of our customer download this pdf and try to open in Adobe acrobat reader dc (20.13) and they raise issue as content is missing in pdf, however content is still there but due to some issue they are not able to view all pages.

I tested same pdf in lower version of adobe acrobat reader dc and it looks fine there.

Below are version 20.6

Tarun5CF6_0-1608195335022.png

Hope you understand my query and give some workaround for this issue.

regards

Tarun Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May a bug of Acrobat Reader DC and Adobe Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please suggest any workaround?

regards

Tarun Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By when we expect any fix on this issue?

Tx

Tarun Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a strange file. It's an XFA form, but it was not created in LiveCycle Designer, but using the Aspose library for Java (as you mentioned). As such, it appears to show and hide pages dynamically, using scripts. I opened it in Acrobat XI and it had 17 pages. I then disabled JS and re-opened it and it had 14 pages... So I'm thinking it's not necessarily a bug in the application (although that can't be ruled out), but with the file, or at least in the scripts (which I can't access). Did you create this file yourself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

Actually thare are total 18 pages (Open file in chrome browser), first page pdf is created via Aspose(runtime) and page 2-18 pages are another Client pdf, I use pdfbox to merge both pdf file. I already shared final merged file here.

regards

Tarun Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, I'm getting different results when opening the file under different circumstances, so it's not as simple as you make it out to be. And Chrome usually doesn't handle XFA forms correctly at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So can we expect issue fixed in any fiture version of Adobe acrobat?

regards

Tarun Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines