Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context Menu for Adobe Reader

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is a ContextMenu.dll file for Adobe Acrobat but not for Adobe Reader.

Can you please tell me which .dll contains the context menu so that I can disable it.

Or similarly where it is in the registry for Adobe Reader.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There does not sem to be a context menu in Windows File Explorer from Acrobat Reader. What do you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, there isn't.

However, the equivelent in Acrobat Reader must be in some .dll or the like and I'm tryng to figure out what and where it is so that I can disable it to suit my specific needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What?? You agree there is no context menu in Acrobat Reader, and are still asking how to disable something that does not exist?? I am sure you are asking for a good reason though, so please answer my question: What do you see? (That you want to disable?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I misunderstood you.

Of course there is a context menu in Adobe Reader, just right click on any open document and it appears.

What I meant is that there is no file called ContextMenu.dll like there is in Acrobat and I therefore do not know how to find where it is kept to disable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the cause of this confusion. "Context menu" is a right click menu, and there are many kinds.

1. In Windows File Explorer each file has a context menu. Acrobat (not Reader) adds to this context menu. The file ContextMenu.dll is concerned in this context menu for File Explorer.

2. In Acrobat AND Acrobat Reader you can right click and get a context menu. This has NO CONNECTION to ContextMenu.dll in any app. You cannot turn this off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines