• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting PDF to word doc

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried converting a pdf document t word and it cam out all numbers and symbols, how do I convert it exactly how it should be so I can edit it on word...?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Hi Michaelc,

It seems to be a PDF font issue. It seems that the fonts are not available in the system.

Is it happening with this file or with other files as well?

Please try exporting any other scanned file and check if you experience the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michaelc,

Sorry for the delay in response to your query.

As per the description above, you are not able to convert a PDF file into a Word document, Is that correct?

As per the records, you have an active subscription of Adobe PDF Pack, Annual on your Adobe ID.

Please try to convert the PDF file into word online.

Sign in to Adobe Document Cloud at https://cloud.acrobat.com/convertpdf with your Adobe ID and password, to convert the PDF into a Word document.

You can also use the free Adobe Reader DC to use this service, to download Reader DC: https://acrobat.adobe.com/in/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html

For more info: https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/using-pdfpack.html

Is this happening with this pdf only or with other pdfs as well?

Keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anand,

I just tried that and the same thing happened, when it opens in word it says "compatability mode" in parantheses, does that have something to do with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michaelc,

It seems to be a PDF font issue. It seems that the fonts are not available in the system.

Is it happening with this file or with other files as well?

Please try exporting any other scanned file and check if you experience the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand,

I just tried it again with another file and the same thing happens...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michaelc,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Please share the screenshot of the message you are getting, to share the screenshot:How to share a document

Please share the following details:

Please confirm the version of Acrobat installed on your computer?

To check the version of Acrobat, launch Acrobat>navigate to Help menu>select About Adobe Acrobat.

Please share the version of Office you are using.

Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anand,

the link is below, it contains the original scanned document in PDF form and how it converts to word, and it looks like I am using adobe reader XI and Microsoft word 2016...please help!!!

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michaelc,

If you are using Acrobat Reader DC, please uninstall it using Adobe Cleaner tool for Windows: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs  , for Mac, run the uninstaller file of Reader from Application menu.

Reboot your computer, and reinstall the Reader DC: PDF reader, PDF viewer | Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 

Then try to export the files.

If this does not fix the issue, please share the following details:

* Please confirm the version of Acrobat installed on your computer?

To check the version of Acrobat, launch Acrobat>navigate to Help menu>select About Adobe Acrobat

* Which operating system do you have- Windows/Mac?

* Share the document and the screnshot, How to share a document

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same thing keeps happening,

I shared the file in a previous conversation, I just downloaded the latest version of adobe acrobat reader DC as per your last reply and I am running windows 10, is this a common problem that scanned documents cannot convert to word?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michaelc,

Please try the steps:

• Disabling OCR can simplify the conversion process. See this document for instructions: Edit scanned PDFs, turn off automatic OCR, Adobe Acrobat
  • You can use the File > Save As > Microsoft Word > Word Document feature to convert the PDF to Word format. Since you won't be converting online using that feature, you can avoid any bandwidth issues that you might be running into with the online service.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant edit the scanned PDF without purchasing another version of adobe? and it doesn't let me save the file to a word document...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the problem I'm having.

Everytime I try to convert a pdf to word it sends me to the page to buy a subscription even though I already have one!

Very frustrating paying money for something that doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michaelc,

You have an active Adobe PDF pack, and using this, you won't be able to edit the PDF, to edit the PDF you need Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Edit PDF  and Scan options are  not available in Adobe PDF Pack.

So, if you are trying to edit the PDF file, I am afraid you won't be able to edit the scanned PDF file.

And as discussed earlier, that there is a Font issue due to which while exporting the PDF into word, you get the numbers in the file.

Sadly, there isn't much that can be done to fix this issue.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem with pdf pack which specifically says "convert pdf to word".  Am I to understand the word document is not editable in word.  The conversion looks nothing lim

Ikevthe pdf.  Wierd margins/formatting.   Very frustrating. I have tried it with several simple pdfs.  How do I cancel my monthly subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines