Highlighted

Copying multiple files from an Advanced Search

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a folder with several thousand PDFs in it. These files are each commercial invoices, named after the tracking number of the shipment.

I would like to find ~250-300 specific PDFs in this folder and copy them to a new folder. I have the list of the tracking numbers I want to find to do this, however doing this manually would take a long time.

Alternatively:

The specific PDFs I want to find also have a unique account number inside of the PDF. I've used the advanced search feature and was able to find these, but I don't see any way of copying the search results into a new folder.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Copying multiple files from an Advanced Search

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a folder with several thousand PDFs in it. These files are each commercial invoices, named after the tracking number of the shipment.

I would like to find ~250-300 specific PDFs in this folder and copy them to a new folder. I have the list of the tracking numbers I want to find to do this, however doing this manually would take a long time.

Alternatively:

The specific PDFs I want to find also have a unique account number inside of the PDF. I've used the advanced search feature and was able to find these, but I don't see any way of copying the search results into a new folder.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've developed various tools that allow you to do similar things to that, but they all rely on the search results being exported to a CSV file, which is not possible with the free Reader, only with the paid-for Acrobat.

Another option is to use a standalone tool to do it. If you're interested in such a (paid-for) tool, free free to contact me private via try6767 at gmail.com and we could discuss it further.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC