Highlighted

Couldn't open encrypted pdf file

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem that I couldn't open my encrypted pdf files which was working properly. I remember that I faced the same problem and I played with Adobe Reader>Edit>Preferences then I remember but I'm not sure that I changed Security or Security9Enhanced) configurations. Then it worked.

Please help ASAP.

Best Regards,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Couldn't open encrypted pdf file

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem that I couldn't open my encrypted pdf files which was working properly. I remember that I faced the same problem and I played with Adobe Reader>Edit>Preferences then I remember but I'm not sure that I changed Security or Security9Enhanced) configurations. Then it worked.

Please help ASAP.

Best Regards,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Akki_24 LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry to hear about the trouble caused again.

While opening encrypted PDF file, is there any error that appears on the screen or it simply doesn't bring any content on the screen while clicking on it?

• You might have changed the security settings through preferences. You may try the same once, and if this makes any difference-

Navigate to Reader>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Startup" and "Enhanced     Security">OK>Reboot Reader

Let us know if this doesn't help.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC