Exit

Deactivate Auto Save in Adobe Acrobat Reader App on mobile

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I would appreciate some help in the following Topic:

Ive created a PDF file that is supposed to be used multiple times via tablet.. But everytime it is filled out, Acrobat Autosaves the changes.

So lets call it PDF1. Someone opens PDF1 on their tablet, fills out the pdf file and sends it via button to a coworker. Now when Closing the file on tablet the changes in it will be automaticly saved under PDF1. So next time he opens the file he wont have blank spaces but the Data from the previous customer.

How can i get it blank again after sending it to a coworker??

I couldnt find a way to deactivate autosave in Options.

Any help?

Kind regards: Philipp Riewaldt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

It isn't even auto save. It's a constant save. Everything is saved instantly, there is only the one file saved and open. This is standard on iOS, since iOS will quit any app without warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't even auto save. It's a constant save. Everything is saved instantly, there is only the one file saved and open. This is standard on iOS, since iOS will quit any app without warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy the PDF file and fill the copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++ correct answer.

As mentioned above, this isn't auto save feature, this is a standard behavior of the app. There isn't any setting that we can change to stop this behavior.

Your feedback is important for us. You can use this form to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features- Adobe Acrobat for iPhone and iPad - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the absolutely dumbest thing on earth! Who thinks of this, STOP trying to be AI this is infuriating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That’s how iOS apps are supposed to work, so if you have an iPad or iPhone best to get used to it. Don’t care for it myself. But then again, the iPhone does quit my apps a hundred times a day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines