Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dialog box too large for my screen / adobe reader crashes

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a few problems with Adobe Reader's lastest version.

1) The dialog box is way too large for my screen and it has weird underlines and strikes on the messages.

2) Though the dialog box is big, Adobe's general display is so small (e.g "Home" and "Tools").

3) Nothing appears when I click on "Tools" or more like the search bar is gigantic!

4) When I click on "Preferences", for example, of "Edit" from the menu bar, Adobe crashes. The app closes itself and nothing else happens.

5) I assume that this last issue stem form the other ones, but the "Fill and sign" doesn't work either. The "sign" symbol is not activated. Therefore, I'm unable to click on it.

I tried to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default with these instructions : https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792....

I have also uninstalled the app and reinstalled it again, but the issues were not solved.

Is there anything else that I can do?

Thank you!

Screenshot adobe dialog box_4.png

Screenshot adobe dialog box.pngScreenshot adobe dialog box_2.pngScreenshot adobe dialog box_3.png

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , Crash or freeze , Download and install , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Looks like missing system fonts. How MANY fonts called Segoe UI (not just Segoe) do you see in your Fonts Control Panel? What version of Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

Sorry to hear about the trouble caused and thanks for sharing the screenshots.

What I see that you are working with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. The original size of the app is quite tiny and sticky notes are comparatively bigger.

Is there any additional 4k screen/monitor connected? Or are you working on personal laptop/desktop or its a work one?

You may please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app using cleaner tool once: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html and let us know the result. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I downloaded the cleaner tool and used it once as you indicated. My Acrobat Reader got unsintalled as expected. However, I can't reinstall it. I'm trying for the sixth time now, but none attempt has been successful (45% was the maxium downloaded).

I tried to follow the Can't download or install Reader instructions to revolve the issue, but I'm not sure to fully understand what's Troubleshoot (2nd screenshot).

What can I do to remedy the situation?

Thank you

Screenshot for adobe_2.pngimage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like missing system fonts. How MANY fonts called Segoe UI (not just Segoe) do you see in your Fonts Control Panel? What version of Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. It seems like I have 6 fonts called Segoe UI. And my laptop runs on Windows 10 version 1903. Screenshot for adobe.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to be missing quite a few: 

2020-01-16_00-25-06.png

Segoe UI and some other fonts come with Windows, and Microsoft tell developers to use them. So if the fonts are removed countless apps will fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow! Thank you so much! I downloaded the missing fonts and Acrobat Reader DC is working like a charm. Screenshot for adobe_4.png

I'll be keeping a eye on other fonts too.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines