• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

digital sign

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I open a file in Acrobat Reader 10 and want it to digital sign it but the option is not activated, don't know why. I have other files in acrobat where I can see the option digital sign activaded. Why that button is desactivated in just one file? the file where I need to sign in digitally.

Thank you!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Elsacarabayllo,

We're sorry for the trouble you had. If you are using Adobe Reader 10, you have to log in first, in order to be able to sign a PDF document. Go to "Tools", "Sign & Certify", "More Sign & Certify", click now on "Digital ID files", click on the digital ID file you want, and if you see there "Logged out", click on "Login" at the top, and log in. Now, you will be able to sign your PDF document.

You may also refer and try the suggestion from the article Adobe Reader XI sign and fill grayed out (Sign and Send PDFs)

Is it possible to post a screenshot of the error window you get? To post a screenshot, please refer to the article https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Are you on Windows machine or Mac and what is the version?

You mentioned that you are able to sign other PDF file and experiencing this issue with one specific PDF file, it seems that the PDF file is not Reader enabled, as you cannot digitally sign a PDF with Reader unless the PDF has been Reader Enabled.

Note: Adobe Reader 10 is old software and the security updates, features are no longer available and supported and you may face issues while using certain features. End of support for Acrobat X and Reader X

The recommendation is to use the latest available Adobe Reader or Acrobat. You may download the latest version of Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines