Highlighted

Disable recent files

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to disable the recent files? I didn't find anything in the options, is there perhaps a registry entry that can be changed?

I want to disable it because I don't need it, 99% of the times I open a pdf file only once, read it and then delete it, so the recent files is just a list of useless, deleted files.

Hispamme3‌,

Its not possible to disable the feature as it is a core part of Adobe Acrobat DC/ Reader DC.

However you can turn off the listing of Recent files.

Open Acrobat, navigate to Edit menu -> Preferences -> Document -> Set "Documents in Recently used list" to 0.

Click OK to confirm.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Disable recent files

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to disable the recent files? I didn't find anything in the options, is there perhaps a registry entry that can be changed?

I want to disable it because I don't need it, 99% of the times I open a pdf file only once, read it and then delete it, so the recent files is just a list of useless, deleted files.

Hispamme3‌,

Its not possible to disable the feature as it is a core part of Adobe Acrobat DC/ Reader DC.

Open Acrobat, navigate to Edit menu -> Preferences -> Document -> Set "Documents in Recently used list" to 0.

Click OK to confirm.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hispamme3‌,

Click OK to confirm.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it worked

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Could you please pass along a suggestion to offer the option to remove individual items from the recent file list and a way to pin frequently used ones to the top?  There are some files that I frequently need to access, and many others that I open and only need once, so it would help a lot to be able to clear the ones that aren't useful.  Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can request it yourself, here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done!  Thanks for the link, didn't know such a page existed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Tim5D9B LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

Thank you. That's a very useful tip.

Now is there a way to disable the "Recent" window that hides behind the current PDF?

Best regards,

Tim5D9B

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your assistance

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC