• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable Welcome to Acrobat Reader DC 2020 and Recommended tools for you

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to deploy the latest version of Adobe Reader DC (20.006.20042) and having difficulties disabling the “Welcome to Acrobat Reader DC! and Recommended tools for you” page. In the past I was able to disbale "Welcome to Acrobat Reader DC" through the registry. I have done the same thing and no fix. Can someone please guide me on this?

Utilizing the Registry Editor, navigate to the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\cWelcomeScreen

Value Name: bShowWelcomeScreen

Type: REG_DWORD

Value: 0

TOPICS
Download and install , General troubleshooting , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem too with the Adobe DC Reader and getting the dreaded welcome message pop up.  I have a Windows 10 computer.  I can't believe we still need to go into the Registry to disable this pop up?  I complained about it a few years ago when I had Windows 7.  Please help, and I really don't want to have to fool around with the registry to remove it every time I open up a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe has not provided a best solution to remove it. I have used the customize tool to package Adobe DC Reader before I deployed it. Just add this registry value during install. I am still looking for the best solution. 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\cWelcomeScreen

Value Name: bShowWelcomeScreen

Type: REG_DWORD

Value: 0

Thanks, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines