Display issues for XFA-based PDF forms

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10, and use Chrome as brower, have the latest version Acrobat Reader DC on my computer. Try to open an application Form from a website but get an error message as follows:

"The document you are trying to load requires Adobe Reader 8 or higher. You may not have the Abode Reader installed or your viewing environment may not be properly configured to use Adobe Reader. Please see http://www.adobe.com/go/pdf_forms_configure"

I followed this link and refer to configure for Chrome; it asks to go to chrome://plugins/, but when I did I got error message 'this site can't be reached; the webpage might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently'.

What else I can do?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 21, 2021
Dov Isaacs Adobe Employee , Feb 21, 2021
Most PDF viewers (especially browser-based ones) do not support viewing or filling in of  XFA-based PDF forms.   If you use Chrome, you must configure Chrome to download PDF files instead of opening them in Chrome. (The URL you see is obsolete, sorry!)   (1)    Click on the 3-dot icon on the top right of the Chrome browser window and select Settings.   (2)    Select Privacy and security on the left side of the window and click on Site settings.   (3)    Click on Additional content settings at th...

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most PDF viewers (especially browser-based ones) do not support viewing or filling in of  XFA-based PDF forms.

If you use Chrome, you must configure Chrome to download PDF files instead of opening them in Chrome. (The URL you see is obsolete, sorry!)

(1)    Click on the 3-dot icon on the top right of the Chrome browser window and select Settings.

(2)    Select Privacy and security on the left side of the window and click on Site settings.

(3)    Click on Additional content settings at the bottom on the screen.

(4)    Click on PDF documents and enable the option to Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome.

At this point, PDF files will be downloaded to your Downloads directory or wherever you choose to store the PDF file. Then open that directory, double click the file icon of the desired file and it will open up in Adobe Acrobat Reader (or if you have the full Acrobat product, in either Acrobat Pro or Acrobat Standard) assuming you have set Windows to use that software to be the default PDF file handler.

Voila, problem solved!

- Dov Isaacs, Principal Scientist, Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more