New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We have 2 certificates in our environment to sign documents:

- Issued by our internal CA

- Bought to Quovadis.

When we open a document and we see the signature, we cannot know which certificate has been used to sing the document (internal or external). I have been checking all the options to modify the signature, and the only one that might show a difference is the show DN. However this option is not what I need.

I found that it is possible to modify the signature also using the file appearances.acrodata but I cannot  find any manual on how to do it. For me, the best way would be to show the issuer of the certificate, but I cannot find if it is possible to show certain fields of the certificate.

Can somebody help me and tell if it is possible to add Issuer or another fields?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Javier

TOPICS
How to , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to work this out by looking at the signed page? If so, never do that! And train all your staff never to do that. Never ever! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. I am sorry, but I don't fully understand your answer.

Yes, we would like to identify the certificate just with the signature. It would be perfect if I can create a signature like:

Signed by MY NAME

Date 24/03/2020

Issuer: Internal CA 

Best regards,

Javier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a terrible pity that signatures put a mark on the page, because it leads many people to the same mistake as you. But it is a VERY SERIOUS MISTAKE to want to see the signature info on the page, and you might as well not use digital signatures at all. Why? Because anyone can fake a stamp on the page, in seconds. You MUST use the signature panel and MUST train all your users to do this. Preferably a bland signature with no checkable info on screen, to encourage them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can view the details in the signature panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines