Highlighted

Doc says dig sig allowed, but won't let me dig sign

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a fillable PDF that I need to digitally sign, and it won't let me do so. I've checked the extensions and it says that I should be able to digitallyl sign the document. I've filled in the various text areas that I need to fill, but when I get to the area where I need to digitally sign and I open the certificates tool, the options are greyed out and I literally cannot even select digital signature to either insert it in the fillable area OR draw a box for the dig sig to go in. There are no error messages; it just doesn't even give me the option. What's the deal?

Topics

How to, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Doc says dig sig allowed, but won't let me dig sign

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a fillable PDF that I need to digitally sign, and it won't let me do so. I've checked the extensions and it says that I should be able to digitallyl sign the document. I've filled in the various text areas that I need to fill, but when I get to the area where I need to digitally sign and I open the certificates tool, the options are greyed out and I literally cannot even select digital signature to either insert it in the fillable area OR draw a box for the dig sig to go in. There are no error messages; it just doesn't even give me the option. What's the deal?

Topics

How to, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a signature field in the PDF file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, all the fields where signaturs need to go are fillable text same as the rest of the form. But the security settings for the form explicity say that digital signatures accepted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you created the form?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC