Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

double tap to sign document

Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why do i have to double tap stylus when i draw a signature? it works perfect in other applications?

must be  a setting i can turn off, or to single touch and sign?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rudol,

Would you please share the device you are referring to? Is it a desktop application you are working with or the a mobile device?

If you are referring to the desktop application, there isn't any specific setting to change in application apart from the mouse setting itself.

Could you please give us more information on this?

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its a lenovo yoga. and using a Jot Dash pen and it works fine to sign with other apps / programs. only adobe requires a double tap on the draw own signature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no feedback? seems silly to have to double tap to sign.

im using it with various clients, and they struggle to get used to it. especially if you lift the pen during signiture

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rudol,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We have tested the same at our end on Lenovo Yoga tab and this issue is not reproducible.

This might be a problem when you are using the Jot Dash pen. Try drawing the free hand signature and see if same thing happens.

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Surface Pro 4 with the Microsoft Pen using Windows 10. I could write in the signature space without the double tap until Windows last update. However, there is no settings within windows to fix this issue. I tried and update on Adobe but no luck. This is the only program that makes you double tap and my customers get frustrated trying to sign the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can use the pen on the comments section, but not on " place signature / draw signature section" only ghosts the signature on single tap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on a Lenovo Yoga. And using a jot dash pen. The pen didn’t use any software, so i can’t set anything there.

Rudo Loubser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening on PDF documents.

Using a Wacom Bamboo tablet, and when trying to use the drawing tool, I can't write just as normal, in any other application. I need to double-tap the screen, no matter how little I write.

When I just put the pen on the document, it keeps wanting to right-click, despite not pressing any buttons.

It's only Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It should be noted that if I click-drag with my mouse (which is objectively the most horrible way of drawing), there is no issue. It will draw without needing to modify my click in any way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines