• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download for Adobe PDF Reader .msi file?

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

For the last couple of days I've been attempting to retrieve the .msi file for Adobe PDF Reader. I've tried asking support, but every time they just end up linking me to the standard PDF Reader .exe download...

Does anyone know where or how to get the .msi file? I've attempted extracting it from the .exe to which all attempts have failed.

I will be deploying this through a Windows Image on a Windows Deployment Server if this information is needed.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

TOPICS
Download and install , PDF Pack , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support are not supposed to help with free products, so your response is pretty unusual.

Adobe do not provide a separate MSI download. Indeed, they don't make an MSI for each new release at all. It's up to you to make a transform from the original MSI and the latest MSP. The MSI is extractable from the EXE. You say you've tried this, but are you following the instructions in the enterprise deployment toolkit (AETK)? If you ARE following the AETK, I suggest you post the steps you follow, including all the -sfx switches, and the result you see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will take a look at doing it via the AETK. I've been using other methods to extract the .msi.

Thank you for your swift response. It's appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines