Highlighted

downloading free acrobat reader keeps asking for sign in for trial paid version

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the paid Reader and recently cancelled that version.

I am now trying to download and install the free reader on a Mac.

After dowloading the Acrobat Reader I get the window to sign in for a free trial for the Pro version.

Any ideas on how I can just download the free version?

Have tried several times to download the free version and run into the same issue every time.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

There isn’t a paid version of Reader (it’s called Acrobat) and there isn’t a free version of Acrobat. My guess is you stopped using Acrobat but it is still installed. Since these are two different apps, downloading one doesn’t get rid of the other. So, uninstall Acrobat.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

downloading free acrobat reader keeps asking for sign in for trial paid version

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the paid Reader and recently cancelled that version.

I am now trying to download and install the free reader on a Mac.

After dowloading the Acrobat Reader I get the window to sign in for a free trial for the Pro version.

Any ideas on how I can just download the free version?

Have tried several times to download the free version and run into the same issue every time.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

There isn’t a paid version of Reader (it’s called Acrobat) and there isn’t a free version of Acrobat. My guess is you stopped using Acrobat but it is still installed. Since these are two different apps, downloading one doesn’t get rid of the other. So, uninstall Acrobat.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC