• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drawable Signature fields in fillable PDF

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was wondering whether it is possible to create a fillable PDF that has a draw signature field, and that when the user selects the field, it will automatically prompt them to draw their signature. I know you can do Fill and Sign on  Adobe Reader DC, but some of my users aren't that tech savvy. I want to make it as simple as possible, so all they need to do is tap the box in the PDF and fill it out.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gantoz

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you want to use the draw signature fiels in the PDF for the users.

Would you mind sharing the steps you are doing while sending the PDF form to the users?  Once you upload the file to the Adobe sign for sending please use the Signature field as shown in the screenshot below. Once the user will opn the form and click in the signature box they will get the option to draw the signature.

Untitled.png

For more information please refer to the help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/send-for-signature.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the related feature request, please vote up so we can get this:

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/38451763-drawing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure out a way to do this? I have been looking and can't find anything so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for the same thing.  Did you ever find a solution?  The forms I am creating in Acrobat DC Pro are NOT being sent to someone to sign!  The will be used at a customer service desk and need to allow customers to draw their signature while they are sitting at the desk.  I don't want them to set up a digital signature and I do not have their email address to request their signature.  Why is this so hard to understand and accomplish?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jenniferp

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

You may try getting the forms signed using the Acrobat > Fill & Sign Tool as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/fill-and-sign.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is NOT what I am looking for.  It seems no one understands what I am trying to accomplish.  The forms I create will be a computer in customer service.  The forms will be filled out by our customer service representative.  What the customer will need to do is sign by drawing their signature in a box on the touchscreen in front of them.  I am not emailing the document, I am not requesting a signature to be returned once completed.  I will need the customer signature immediately while they are at the customer service desk.  All I would like to be able to do is create a fillable form that has a field predefined as a DRAWN signature field.  I do not want the customer to go thru setting up of a digital signature since this is the only time they will be using this computer to sign anything and also there will be many other customers using this same computer to sign their documents.  Adobe, please, give me an option to add a signature field that defaults to drawn signature!  I know I am not the only person wanting this option.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still find it hard to believe the top creative suite can't figure this out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. Would you mind sharing the PDF file in question and the workflow that you are trying to achieve so that we can check it at our end?

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is one of the 12 forms I am trying to add the same type of field.  This form is an application for water service.  Here is the workflow I would like to accomplish at our city utility department:

1.  A person wanting water at their home or business walks in to the customer service lobby.

2.  That person sits down at a desk with the first available customer service rep. to fill out the required forms.

3.  The completed forms need to be signed by that person sitting at the desk in customer service. 

Currently the completed form is printed and the person is handed an ink pen and they sign on the signature line.  Then that signed form is scanned by the customer service rep using a scanner attached to the PC so that the SIGNED form can be stored in the utility customer's records. 

4.  After the form has been scanned and stored a workorder is created for a Meter Tech to drive to the property and they turn on the water.

What I would like to happen in step 3 is for the form NOT printed and then scanned but the image of the form is displayed on the touch screen facing the customer and when the signature field is touched, clicked, or navigated to, a box is displayed on the touch screen allowing the applicant to DRAW their signature.  Then that signature is stored on the document.  The document is then stored in the utility customer's file without printing and scanning anything.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for sharing the detailed workflow.

Please try the steps below and see if that woks for you:

1. Open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC application.
  2. Go to Tools > Comment
  3. Select the Pencil tool as shown in the screenshot so that the users can draw their initial/signature over the PDF document.
    Capture.PNG

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The steps suggested will allow someone to draw something as a comment on the document, but I don't think you understand what I am trying to accomplish.  I need a signature field that will default to a drawn signature without requiring the person drawing the signature to go through the process of setting up a digital signature.  Then after the document is signed a copy of it should be saved in read only format.  I do not think I can be any clearer about what I am looking for.  I believe this is a feature that Adobe lacks that should be addressed.  I feel like Adobe is short sighted by not providing this as an option to the signature field.  Adobe executives have a very narrow view of what is truely needed by their customers in real world situations.  I will figure out a way to achieve what I need for this environment with or without Adobe Acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Please share your feedback with the engineering team using the link https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out or find a service that could do this for you? I, too, need the same feature, and I'm flabbergasted that Adobe can't do it and I'm struggling to find a service that does. I want to get a signature on a pdf without the signer needing to provide an email, sign up for anything, or require any program besides a standard pdf reader. Why is this so hard??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not. They can do it using the Pencil commenting tool in Reader. They can even digitally sign using Reader, if you add a Signature field to your file in advance. All of this can be done without any of the things you mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue it's that even telling the general populace to click a tool is already too much. Usability always needs to pass the Granda test. And digital signature is more complex then needed. Now I do suspect the issue might be more complex than I think, especially considering cross-platform pdf support but i hope they can work on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are still looking for another solution.  The only thing Adobe offered was a link to complete a "Wish Form" that I am sure goes directly into the BitBucket.  I still cannot believe Adobe cares so little about the needs of their customers.  Good Luck with your search.  Please let me know if you find a product that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured this out yet? We need the exact workflow and signature process. When working with customers who don't want to go to their computer or smartphone to access their email, adobe esign does not work. Let me know if anyone has figured this out, and I will do the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried to find a solution for this through adobe for months, and have created multiple chinky workaround, like the ones the representative listed above. Amazed that this is not easier to do on the adobe system, or in the adobe mobile app. I eventually found GoFormz.com which does this exactly, and allows the uploading of photos to a form from the mobile app, which is outstanding when I need the client to capture a picture of a problem. Came back to adobe to see if they made any changes in the last 6 months, but it doesn't appear that they have any desire to address this use-case. Look elsewhere for the time being. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines