• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dropdown list

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want a dropdown list with lots of pre typed options and also the ability to enter your own text.  When the user starts typing, I want it to pare down the options that match, much like if you are entering your state in a form, enter W and jsut the "w" states now show in the box.  My form does allow the user to enter text (when opened with Acrobat reader), but does not pare down the options that pertain to what they've entered.  If I don't open it in Acrobat, it will do this, however, the text the user is entering HAS to be an option, you can no longer enter your own text.  How do it get it to allow me to type my own text, while narrowing the options that have been pre-entered. but also allow my own text if the option isn't in the list?  I hope I'm making sense.  

I have auto complete set to advanced in preferences and the box "allow user to enter text" checked in properties. 

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not possible with the built-in functions of drop-down fields in a PDF file. However, it is possible to use a separate text field as a "filter" to determine which items to show from the full list. This requires running a script in Acrobat, though.

If you have Acrobat then you can use this (paid-for) tool I've created to set it up very easily: http://try67.blogspot.com/2012/11/acrobat-create-live-filtered-list.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines