Highlighted

Editable PDF calculations not working on MAC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've created an editable PDF form for our reps to use for sales quotes. 

It has a number of locked fields that are calculated using data fields within the document, such as tax, deducting deposits paid etc.  Works perfectly in Windows environment, but calculations do not work using Mac.

Anyone have a solution for me?  Many thanks in advance

Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to create document.

Topics

General troubleshooting, Mac, PDF and browsers, PDF forms, Share or review PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Editable PDF calculations not working on MAC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've created an editable PDF form for our reps to use for sales quotes. 

It has a number of locked fields that are calculated using data fields within the document, such as tax, deducting deposits paid etc.  Works perfectly in Windows environment, but calculations do not work using Mac.

Anyone have a solution for me?  Many thanks in advance

Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to create document.

Topics

General troubleshooting, Mac, PDF and browsers, PDF forms, Share or review PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you use Acrobat Reader on the Mac?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, using Adobe Reader on the Mac.  Preview didn't work of course, but I thought Adobe Reader would work?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should work on Mac also.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if they opened the file in Preview even once it would corrupt it. Instruct them to NEVER open the files in Preview. They must save them (without opening) and then open them directly from within Adobe Reader.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I have just instructed them to do this and wait to see what happens.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you personally tested on Mac, and confirmed that Acrobat Reader is in use? The app name is shown on the menu bar and MUST be Acrobat Reader or similar. It is very common for Mac users to use Preview, or a browser or email app, rather than go to the trouble of downloading the file, starting Reader, and using Open from the File menu.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  He assures me he is using Acrobat Reader (he was using Preview initially).  I have resent the PDF file to him and will try again!  Thanks  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC