• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enabled Extended features

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  My coworker downloaded a fillable form from Canadian government and filled it in and sent to me.  I have Adobe Reader DC.  I cannot open the document and get an error message: The document enabled extended features in Adobe REader.  The document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features are no longer available."

I can open virtually any doc I send or is sent back to me but sometimes I get this message.  I have looked for forum support and find complex solutions involving downloading Reader X which I don't even know how to do. 

Is there any way around this?  Can anyone provide step by step guides to the solution, detailing properties or advanced properties changes?  I'm not a techie but this is costing my business and I am willing to pay a modest fee for support!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My best GUESS is that once the form fill feature is used the form is then "locked" to prevent changes

What happens when you download the form and enter the information yourself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I download the form and enter the information myself, I don't have trouble opening and seeing what's in the form again.  However, I had a client once send me loads of forms that I received the same error on.  And recently, my staff sent me a bunch of forms I could open and one that I could not.  She had not changed any of the processes she used on the other ones, has the same (most recent updated) version of Adobe Reader DC.  The only thing different is that she uses Outlook to send her files rather than gmail.  And we both use Chrome as a browser.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You open the document. Otherwise you will not get the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines