• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message 15:3 and "Enable Protected Mode at Startup" automatically reenables itself

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having a problem the past week printing from a company website that uses Adobe Reader DC as a portal. The error message I receive is "There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again. (15:3)"

Based on other support forum posts, I went to Edit => Preferences => Security (Enhanced) and deselected the box marked "Enable Protected Mode at Startup" to disable it. Doing so fixed the initial problem of printing from my web browser.

However, when I try to print from the site for a second time, I receive the same (15:3) error message, and the document will not print. When I open Adobe Reader, "Enable Protected Mode at Startup" is checked once again. Why is this automatically reenabling itself? How can I get it to stop?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot (8).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines