Highlighted

Error message: "There was a RAISE without a handler" - tried different solutions without luck

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

I'm a mac user (2019 macbook air with newest IOS update) and use Adobe Acrobat Reader (free version) every single day in my studies. But a month ago the application started giving me an error message saying "There was a RAISE without a handler", after which it immediately shuts down the application.

I've already read other posts on this subject, but none of the solutions work for me. And I do not own a scanner, so that's also not the problem. I have also tried installing an older version of the application, but this version wouldn't start a short time after downloading. I have also reinstalled the application many many times without luck.

I would REALLY REALLY appreciate it if you could help me, because this program is very important for my studies and there must be some way to get rid of this annoying error. I have used Acrobat for several years and this problem has only started a month ago.

Thank you so much for your time!!!!

- Linnea

Hi there!

Thanks for your time and patience thus far.

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Release notes

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Topics

Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error message: "There was a RAISE without a handler" - tried different solutions without luck

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

I'm a mac user (2019 macbook air with newest IOS update) and use Adobe Acrobat Reader (free version) every single day in my studies. But a month ago the application started giving me an error message saying "There was a RAISE without a handler", after which it immediately shuts down the application.

I've already read other posts on this subject, but none of the solutions work for me. And I do not own a scanner, so that's also not the problem. I have also tried installing an older version of the application, but this version wouldn't start a short time after downloading. I have also reinstalled the application many many times without luck.

I would REALLY REALLY appreciate it if you could help me, because this program is very important for my studies and there must be some way to get rid of this annoying error. I have used Acrobat for several years and this problem has only started a month ago.

Thank you so much for your time!!!!

- Linnea

Hi there!

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Topics

Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linnea,

Thanks for reporting the issue.  We tried to reproduce the same scenario in-house but no issue was observed at our end with latest Acrobat and Reader.

Can you help us with some more information regarding the issue :

1. Acrobat/Reader version you are currently using.
  2. Any third party plugin or Software installed on your system related to pdf's.
  3. Exact Steps after which you get this error.

Regards, 

Priyanka Jain

(Adobe Acrobat team)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Priyanka Jain

Thank you for answering. I am using the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for the latest version of iOS and I do not have any third party plugin or software installed related to this. The error message just pops up randomly while I am using the program to read PDF's and highlight in them. When I uninstall and redownload the program, it usually works fine for a while (maybe a couple of weeks), but then it pops up with "There was a RAISE without a handler" again and closes the program. When this happens, the error message appears again and again if I just close the program and open it again - so I have to redownload it completely, but again, this only works for a while.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also only recently upgraded to iOS Catalina - I had the same problem before upgrading.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Priyanka.

I still have not found a solution to the problem. Today (and it is only 10 am) the application has now shut down 2 times while I am only reading articles and highlighting in them, because that is all I use the program for.

Best regards, Linnea

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC