• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ERROR SIGNING FILES VERSION 20.012.20041, MEMORY LEAK, CRASH

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an error specific to version 20.012.20041, when opening previously signed files shows an error Saying: An error has occurred that may be fixed by installing the latest version of traditional Chinese language support. Attached ADOBERROR1.png Image. Hint no Chinese whatsoever is used and it worked flawlessly on the immediate previous version.

After opening the file despite the warning, the signature is blank and the Signature panel shows a Signature Validity Unkown message, image: ADOBEERROR2.PNG, image was altered to hide a name.

There is another issue, when trying to sign a moderately large PDF with an png image as signature, the program hangs and may even crash. There is a clear high CPU and ram consumption and the program seems to be leaking memory. attached ADOBEERROR3.png. Again this worked flawlessly in the immeditely previous version.

In resume we are not happy about this botched update that installed automatically and is creating all kind of issues for us.

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear User,

Apologies for Inconvienece, I will be helping you with this issue.

Can you please share the dump with us in case of Hang and Crash.

Dump Can be collected via the following steps:- https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html

Also, would it be possible to share the concerned file with us.

To Share Dump and File Please Refer :- https://community.adobe.com/t5/flash-player/how-to-share-a-file-using-adobe-document-cloud/td-p/4787...

Regards,

Abhinav Sethi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CesarQM,

We have released an update today for Acrobat and Reader DC (Continuous track) desktop application.
Please update the application to the latest version by going to the Help menu > Check for updates in the application.

For more information on the recent update, you may refer to this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousaug2020qfe....

Let us know if that resolves the issue.

Thanks,
Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you I have at least 30 people with the signature issue so I will be updating them with the optional update and let you know how it goes.

I have gathered more information: we recieve client PDFs signed with other PDF programs, Mostly Bluebeam PDF from what I have gathered, contacting bluebeam is beyond what I can do, it is a software I am not familiar with and what clients use to sign it is beyond my control as well. I dont know if that affects but until this update the signature process was working flawlessly even with third party progams involved.  Hopefully this update will fix that. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines