• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extract .msi from reader.exe

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to extract the .msi file from the current version of reader, I have followed the instructions on how to extract .msi file from the Adobe Reader DC .exe version. and Administration Basics — Enterprise Administration Guide and how to extract .msi file from the Adobe Reader DC .exe version. andHow to download Reader DC 2017.009.20044 MSI?

All of these say the same thing but when I run the script it just installs reader and I don't get an .msi

Does anyone have the correct detail for extraction

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

I had tried from here Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution  and as it didn't work I tried from here Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions that was the version I last tried when I posted

I have now gone back to Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution and tried again and have got it working with c:\AcroRdrDC1901020069_en_US.exe -sfx_o"C:\Temp\Adobe\1" -sfx_ne

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show the contents of your script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I tried

c:\readerdc_uk_ra_install.exe -sfx_o"C:\Temp\Adobe\1" -sfx_ne

also

c:\readerdc_uk_ra_install.exe -sfx_o"C:\Temp\Adobe\1" -sfx_nu

both just install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

If you download valid Adobe Reader installer executable, for example AcroRdrDC1500720033_en_US.exe from

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/1500720033/

you should be able to extract using this sample command line

C:\AcroRdrDC1500720033_en_US.exe -sfx_o"C:\ExtractToFolder" -sfx_ne  -sfx_nu

where

-sfx_ne means - do not execute installation

-sfx_ne means - do not show UI

Also, executable creates AdobeSFX.log file in the user Temp folder.

Send it to me if you still have issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From exactly what URL did you download readerdc_uk_ra_install.exe and what is its file size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had tried from here Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution  and as it didn't work I tried from here Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions that was the version I last tried when I posted

I have now gone back to Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution and tried again and have got it working with c:\AcroRdrDC1901020069_en_US.exe -sfx_o"C:\Temp\Adobe\1" -sfx_ne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines