• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature request for figure cross-references

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to suggest two features to improve the experience of clicking on cross-references pointing to figures.

Problem: When a link to a cross-reference is clicked, after the reader is re-directed to the corresponding figure, it is difficult to find the particular location where they left the text feed.

Solutions: 

1. Implement a "go back" button, which could be clicked to redirect the reader at the location of the last-clicked cross-reference link.

2. Implement a pop-up view to present the figure in a separate window that can be examined concurrently with reading the source text.

I would personally prefer the second solution as this would allow the reader to examine both text and figure in a more intuitive fashion. However, this might be restrictive in systems with small screens, so both solutions have their merit.

I hope this is not a duplicate, but if there is such an implemented feature, I would be grateful if someone could point it out.

Thanks,

TOPICS
PDF Pack , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

1. Use the "Previous view" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Use the "Previous view" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much Bernd! Exactly what I was looking for...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines