Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Explorer Crush and PDF Thumbnail Preview

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 Pro and i have enabled thumbnail preview in reader. when i search in file explorer for some words it freeze and crush then close but when i disable thumnail preview the issue does not appear. i discovered this issue from event viewer which the error explained more in detail in below:

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.18362.207, time stamp: 0x4bd43dc1

Faulting module name: PDFShell64.dll, version: 19.12.20034.1161, time stamp: 0x5ccb84d8

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x000000000001e31c

Faulting process id: 0x2308

Faulting application start time: 0x01d53d452a7df21c

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\PDFShell64.dll

Report Id: 544a0d4f-021d-4b01-afd0-acc82d97c3b7

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

please advice to solve the issue if it is from windows 10 or from adobe reader as i believe from reader itself.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any idea guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mustafab,

Apologies for the delay in response, I hope you would be able to fix it by now.

If the problem still persists, as described above the Adobe Reader freezes and then closes when thumbnail preview is enabled, for a better understanding we need some more information:

In the meantime, you may try the following steps:

• Please install all the pending and recommended updates for Windows.
  • Please update the application to the latest version. Go to Help > Check for Updates. To know more about the latest version available please refer to the link - DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products​
  • Repair Installation. Go to Help > Repair Installation.
  • Reboot the application and check.

If that doesn't work,

You may please refer to the help article in the link - Troubleshoot Windows system errors, freezes | Adobe software​

Let us know if that works for you.

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I get this same error often, sometimes multiple times per day. Any ideas. I have completed all troubleshooting steps above multiple times and continue to get the same errors.

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\PDFShell64.dll

Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.18362.449, time stamp: 0xd3046e6b
Faulting module name: PDFShell64.dll, version: 19.21.20058.31925, time stamp: 0x5de56786
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000000a50f
Faulting process id: 0x24c4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5d1f90760be41
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
Report Id: 4e33ddda-8d8c-40c4-b967-ce99a2bd52bb
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines