• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File is damaged and could not be repaired

New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was using Adobe Reader for notes in a upcoming test. however, one day my laptop shut down before I could close Adobe Reader and now when I open my file with the notes it says "There is an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired." Is there a way to solve this problem, or should I bite the bullet and retake all of my notes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably the latter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. I have not been able to open pdf documents since the April 9th, 2019 update. I can open files that are on the web using my Safari browser but I can not open documents saved on my MacBook (that I used to be able to open) or documents that have been sent to me by email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about the trouble caused.

If we look at the error message, It seems that the email server has corrupted the file by encoding it incorrectly. Please ask the original sender to zip the PDF file, or share it using cloud storage like Dropbox or Google Drive.

Any idea how exactly those files were created or what was the source of those files?

Let us know the result.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines