• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File naming issues

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was saving a number of PDF files to our server, using Adobe Reader DC. The file name structure was "WO# 123" and "PO# 1234-12-12345". When I look in my directories now I see files named "WO" and "PO", they show no file extension. When I add .pdf as an extension I can see the file. I believe something has truncated the filenames and copied one file over the next until there was only one file remaining.

Do you know of any reason for this? I have been using this structure for 2 years and this only started showing up this week.

Jay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jay,

It appears that your server is truncating the file name when it sees the # pound (hash tag) symbol, leaving only the part before the #.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know why? Do you know why it would wait 1.5 years before starting to do this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be a update of the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jay,

Check with your IT department to see what they may have done six months ago.

Also, for testing purposes, try saving some files from Reader to your local hard drive with your naming convention. What happens?

What happens when you save files from Word or Notepad to the server with the pound sign? And, again, to your hard drive?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines