Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FileOpen plugin won't install

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Anybody have any experience with the file open plugin? Today I had to do a fresh install of acrobat reader and the plugin has stopped working.

When I try to open a pdf with fileopen drm on it, instead of opening the pdf it will open a browser page prompting me to install the fileopen plugin. I have installed and tried to open the pdf again with the same result. I have tried multiple fresh installs of acrobat reader and the plugin, tried using the fileopen plugin remover provided on the website, running as administrator and various compatibility settings. I have contacted tech support of the company that provided the pdfs and they have no idea.

I remember I had this issue a couple of years ago and it drove me crazy and unfortunately I can't remember how I solved it. Iirc is was a relatively simple fix too. Unfortunely this seems to be a fairly obscure plugin and there isn't a whole lot of information availible out there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact the Plug-in maker. Their site is http://www.fileopen.com 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying, I will certainly try, however I am not holding out much hope as on thier support page it says they only offer support to thier direct customers. I am a customer of another organisation who use thier product, and when I contacted the orgnisation that provides the pdf they had no idea how to resolve the problem. I was on the phone with them for over an hour today and they couldn't figure it out. Was hoping someone here would have some idea as I don't want to wait weeks while I go through a lengthy process involving several different parties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my idea. Contact the maker. However, here is one more thing to try. Go to Edit > Preferences and look under General. Find the option "Use only certified plug-ins". Make sure there is NO CHECK MARK next to this option - the option must be OFF in your Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave this a try this morning. No luck unfortunately as this box was already unticked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Could you resolved the problem?

I have the same problem with a FileOpen for a digital book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I also had this problem and found that I had inadvertantly turned the File Open App off in the start Menu. Once I re-enabled it again all was fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Reader are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines