Fillable form prints drop-down arrows.

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a fillable form.  On one computer, running Windows 8, the form prints just fine.  On another, running Windows 10-Pro, the form prints, but also prints the drop-down box arrows.

Ho do I keep the drop-down arrowns from printing?  Both are running Acrobat Reader.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, PDF forms, Print, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the fields as Read-Only before printing them, or copy their values to text fields.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.  The end-user is running Reader only, so they can't edit the fields.  Plus, the copying to text fields defeats the purpose.  They need the drop-down boxes for for certain pre-filled items, plus they need to be able to put in custom items as well.

Please let me know if I'm missing something.  Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The end user won't have to do anything. You will need to set it up in Acrobat before sending the file to them, though, by adding a Will Print and a Did Print script, if you choose for the first option. And for the second option the text fields can be hidden to the user entirely, but printable, and set to copy the value of the drop-downs automatically, which will in turn be set to be visible, but not printable. These are the only ways of printing the file without the arrows that go with the drop-down fields.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines