Exit

Fillable forms not working properly on Windows 10

Participant ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all!

This is a weird issue.

I have made a few fillable forms and published it on our website. These forms won't work directly on browser, so the users has to download it and open it with Reader DC. Then after to download they have to fill it in, save it and email it to our sales department. It has worked smoothly without a single problem for over one year.

Now, after to upgrade all machines in the department to Windows 10 (they used to be Windows 7) our guys are not managing to open the files anymore. Well, they OPEN it, but it doesn't work correctly. It seems that something is broken inside the PDF Javascript, but I opened one of the files with Adobe Acrobat Pro and checked it with the debugger and it didn't show anything wrong.

I would like to know if there is any known issue with Adobe Reader DC and Windows 10 regarding to fillable/interactive forms...

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have simular issuses but some operators on Windows 10 with Acrobat reader DC can fill forms out and some cannot. Are there settings that may need to be change in reader DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to make sure they're really using Reader and not some other application. Ask for full-window screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you  for reaching out, Yes I had them share their screen with me and file was opened with Acrobat reader DC they also share their reader security preferences and all looked fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So what exactly happens when they try to fill in the form fields in the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines