Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable forms on IOS

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I created a fillable form on microsoft but as soon as it's opened on an iPad the "javascript" used for displays and calculations are not working. Where can the problem be? 

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be you use Javascript code which is not supported in Acrobat Reader for iOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not complicated Javascript, not even the "clear form" button works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also make sure you do open in Acrobat Reader. The default PDF reader, and the PDF viewer in browsers, is NOT Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you deal with this? Is there something to be downloaded to help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. My form, which contains lots of Javascript, works fine on my desktop but doesn't even begin to work in my iPad. I've had other reports from the field. Is there a way to deal with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following is supported in Acrobat Reader for iOS:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Mobile/iosapi/index.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple and Google have killed Flash Player and also don't want to see (free) interactive PDFs that could replace (paid) Apps overshadow their App Stores.

As a result, JavaScript support in mobile apps is reduced to its strict minimum.

For example, Acrobat's "desktop" JavaScript documentation contains more than 800 pages, while that of the mobile version contains barely 60.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting that picture. I tried downloading one of the Adobe IOS apps. My forms are going out to several hundred parents of four and five year olds. While this generation is pretty computer savvy, integrating this with the workflow is so convoluted that I can't imagine anyone doing it.

It's really a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

", integrating this with the workflow is so convoluted that I can't imagine anyone doing it." Good call. The days when we needed PDF forms are largely gone. Use HTML forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a product you could recomment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For HTML forms design? No, sorry. For HTML form deployment: should work in any major browser including mobile. Of course you need a SUBMIT of the form, and not an email or save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can look at Adobe Sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer I have found is to use Acrobat on IOS. The means of using it is not intuitively obvious but it works. You download it from the app store and then when you open the form in the email you click on the export button and select "Import to Acrobat".

However, I would urge retesting the form. I have found some nits, like extra spaces here and there, the break the form. But overall, this solution seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines