• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable forms that won't save data properly

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a fillable PDF with check boxes, drop down menus, calculations etc. Everything is finally working just the way I intended except that it won't save properly. When you open the file and fill out the data - if you try to save it the check boxes are unchecked, or other that were not checked are checked. Or data is sparadically missing. 

Could someone please help me figure out how to get this form to a point that someone can fill it out a save a copy without disrupting the data on the form? 

This happens when I open it in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, DC and Reader. 

I tried File -> Save as Other -> Reader Extended PDF ->  Enable More Tools which didn't help.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, do you have an email I could send it to? 

Or what would be the best way to share it? 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat use Tools > Share and post the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry I didn't see this response. I hope you can still have a look at this. It's mostly checking and unchecking boxes. The missing data usually results from someone using a MAC. But when you save or print, it will check and uncheck boxes. 

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:e3eb9639-2fd6-45c5-8388-a633a37e98c...

Thank you, I really appreciate your time. I have set it to email me now when a response is posted (I didn't have that checked before).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The MAC user must use Acrobat Reader, not Apple Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did manage to spet that one out  but the check boxes still check and uncheck on a PC when it is saved or printed. 

Any thoughts? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, what do you mean? 

You can't see the form? 

Or you aren't having the same issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything should be blank when you open the file. But there are check boxes - particularly the hold boxes on the left of the second page that check themselves at random when you open it. 

Then if you fill out the form, those hold check boxes and many on the first page (like the physical exam and complications sections) that check and uncheck after saving. 

You will likely have to download the file onto the computer. 

Fill it out and save it again. When you reopen it, it will not be the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't see this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines