Fillable PDF become flat when I download the file

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I noticed that when I download a fillable PDF, it goes flat and unfillable. These files have no security, and are meant to be filled out by the users. I have tried to donwload several fillable PDFs from different sites, and the same thing happens. Was there a new version of Adobe Reader that is preventing this function? Please help 🙂

Thank you - Alisen

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a link of one of the files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bernd,

I am not sure how to post a link to the file. The website is password protected and I have to log in to download the files. Is that what you meant?

Thank you for helping,

Alisen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a other browser.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser are you using? Are you downloading the file directly or are you using something like Save As PDF?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Chrome. I am having difficulties with it right now though.

I am Downloading directly. I have also tried the Save As function. Both end with the pdf being flat.

Thank you!

Alisen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
radzmar LATEST
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the file in question is flat the whole time. Ask another user to download it and see if there's a difference. I don't think so. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines